Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Ah, Tuesday.

While working on my homework quiz, I realized most of my housemates have wand and patronus info up. Hm. I don't think I'll post my patronus, I mean, honestly, that's kinda personal...

But as for my wand? I have to be different. All these girls have Holly and Birch... and I'm the only one in the house that I know of with Olive.


Wood type: olive
Length: 11½ inches
Core: Phoenix Feather

get your own wand!



Olive wands tend to choose the witch or wizard who possess above average intelligence, not to mention often an overactive imagination. Olive wands are also a favorite of healers and are especially good not only for healing but also for protective spells. Many believe the bearers of Olive wands to be good at decision making - but this is not necessarily so. The owner of an olive wand may be decisive but that does not mean their decisions are the right ones. On the other side of the coin they may be so busy worrying about what is right that they are unable to ever reach a conclusion.




With that noted, I also noticed everyone else seems to have way more posted than I do. I'm just not that social of a person I suppose.

But a little bit about me:
I am a pureblood, but my parents divorced when I was small and my mother married a muggle and gave up her magic. In my opinion, NOT a smart move, but that's a story for another day. I'm not anti-muggle by any means, as my dearest love is most definitely a muggle, bless his heart. I just think that one should use every means of self-preservation one has available, and by giving up her magic, she gave up a vital part of herself.

I'm a bit selfish at times, or so I've been told. In truth, I was almost put in Slytherin. I think a good part of why I wasn't is my true sympathy for muggles. Or perhaps it's just that, well, looking back over my answers to the first quiz, I go way above and beyond. It asks for 4 patronuses and 5 wand woods. I listed them all. I just didn't feel right only listing some of my housemates. I didn't want it to seem like I was playing favorites, so I listed them all...

Speaking of which, here is my homework.

1. Name 4 housemates who have revealed their Patronuses and list the form their Patronuses take.
Cassandra Hopkirk-Eagle
Minerva Kwikspell -Eagle
Patonga Pinkstone - Tiger
Perpetua Phoenixfire - Eagle
Lavender Ackerly - Tiger
Lavender Diggory - Wolf
Fleur Crockford - Hydra
Avada Finch-Fletchley - Phoenix
Ferula Vector - Eagle

2. Who attended the first meeting of the Ravenclaw Knitting Club?
Elanor Cadogan
Gabriella Clearwater
Fleur Lovegoods
Esmerelda
Cassandra Hopkirk
Millicent Brocklehurst
Minerva Kwikspell
Enid Black
Allitrya Spelling
Mafalda Ackerley
Serafina Starfire

3. Name the housemate who likes to knit with peacock feathers.
Fleur Lovegoods

4. Name the Ravenclaw who spent the New Year at Hogwart's Costume Ball.
Emma Diggory

5. Which Ravenclaw got the first howler?
Lavender Ackerly

6. Name 5 different types of wood used in the wands of Ravenclaws and name the housemate having that wand.
Fleur Lovegood - Ebony
Cassandra Hopkirk, Minerva Kwikspell, Patonga Pinkstone, & Cecilia Kettleburn - Holly
Elanor Cadogan - Hawthorn
Gabriella Clearwater - Walnut
Perpetua Phoenixfire, Patonga Wigworthy, & Ferula Vector - Birch
Lavender Diggory - Apple
Fleur Crockford & Selina Starfire - Maple
Avada Finch-Fletchley - Cherry
Selina Starflame - Oak

7. Who accidentally ate a toenail flavored Every Flavor Bean?
Serafina Starfire

8. Who cast a noise dampening spell before going to bed and then overslept?
Esmerelda Beanswallow

9. Besides the HSKS4 blog, on what blog will you find the Ravenclaw Anthem?
Minerva Kwikspell

10. Which housemate has a Muggle cellular phone?
Victoria Black

No comments: